Friday, June 6, 2008

Family Night

It seems like the older my family gets the busier we get. My children are now adults with full time jobs, school and are each in a relationship. It’s hard to find time where we can sit down as a family and have dinner. Determined as I am to have this time together I set aside every Sunday evening for family night. We take a vote on Saturday about which Dinner A’Fare meal we’re going to have. This gives me time to thaw the meal and determine what sides we’re going to have.

Dinnertime has arrived and everyone is talking about how good everything is then they ask. “So, Mom what is our question tonight?” I always have an interesting question from the Table Talk section of The Dinner A’Fare newsletter. Questions such as “If you could go back and repeat one year of your life what year would it be?” “What would you do differently?” “What would you do the same?” That’s all it takes to get everyone at the table going. We will sit there around the dinner table and talk and laugh for over an hour. We have so much fun and we still learn little things about each other. I cherish that time I have with my children.

No comments: